Makita Corporation of America, located in Buford, Georgia, is the home of Makita’s highly advanced manufacturing facility. This world-class facility has built over 70 different models totaling over 28 million tools, all manufactured for the professional user.
Makita's Buford facility produces its industrial tools from carefully selected raw materials and with the most advanced manufacturing equipment in the world. To make certain that Makita's Quality standards are upheld, constant testing is performed during machining and assembly processes, including a final run-test under power before leaving the factory, to ensure optimum performance.
From Concept to Completion
Over 85 years ago, Makita pledged to design and manufacture the best motors available. Makita believes that the motor is the heart of any power tool and we take great pride in our motor expertise. We spare no expense in producing the most powerful, efficient and best performing motors available for each tool.
The first building block in manufacturing durable, efficient motors is the choice of raw materials. Makita selects only the highest quality raw materials for its motor components.
* Premium-Grade Steel - used to produce armature shafts and gears, and graded to the highest industry standards
* High-Grade Magnetic Copper Wire - 97% Pure Copper for superior current flow and to withstand extreme temperatures
* Premium-Grade Magnetic Steel – ensures efficient current flow and higher output of power
Armature & Field Core
The armature is the first building block in assembling the motor. All Makita armatures are dynamically balanced to twice the industry standard, giving Makita the finest balanced motor armature available to ensure long life with less vibration.
The field core is made from the highest quality magnetic steel available and is stamped and laminated into a tight and uniform core. The tight tolerances in the field core deliver the most efficient energy transfer and the most output power.
#1 Quality Manufacturing
Makita uses the most stringent manufacturing processes and quality control in the industry assuring every tool meets professional standards. These processes include:
* 19 total quality checks on the motor alone
* Heat treated shafts and gears for extreme durability
* Tight tolerances for long lasting, unsurpassed performance
* Most rigorous testing to include electrical resistance, surge durability, and mechanical efficiency
* 3 minute final run test under power ensures maximum performance
The Makita Advantage
* Makita has long been recognized for manufacturing the highest quality motors in the industrial power tool industry
* Over 85 years experience designing and building high performance motors
* Highest quality raw materials in making motor components
* Longest lasting and most efficient motors in the power tool industry
* Most rigorous testing of all components and finished product
* Most reliable power tools in the industry
Superior Cordless Technology
Makita designs and manufactures innovative cordless tools. Our goal in designing any cordless tool is to allow all the convenience cordless offers without sacrificing the power or efficiency of a corded tool.
Years Ahead of the Competition:
Makita's advances in motor technology have led to the development of our new two-piece D31 Motor found in the new MFORCE ®
Cordless Drill Series. This new motor delivers power, efficiency and serviceability in a more compact size.
* Dual Ball Sealed Ball Bearings - less friction and greater efficiency
* Replaceable Armature - allows for greater serviceability
* Larger High Performance Fan - reduces temperature and increases tool life
* High-Grade Refined Ferrite Magnet - generates maximum performance
* Thicker Armature Shaft - handles greater torque for heavy-duty applications
* More Armature Poles - for smooth, even rotation
Advancing Cordless Technology
Makita is proud to be the industry leader in battery and charger technology. Nowhere is this more evident than with our MAKSTAR™ battery and charger system.
Makita continues to set the standard for quality, reliability and performance by manufacturing innovative power tools. Since our first cordless drill was introduced over 20 years ago, we continue to respond to the needs of professionals.
Order Line: 1-603-717-9633
If you are unfamiliar with ordering online, please go to the Help section, at the left.
right-tool.com specializes in high quality and high value tools designed for specific jobs. We focus on the needs of Contractors, Craftsmen, and Professional Woodworkers. Whether it's woodworking making precision cuts, dado blades, applying quality finishes, working in tight spaces, handling special materials for woodworking, home improvement, cutting timber with chainsaws, or gardening right-tool.com has tools to reduce labor, save time, and get the job done right.
We offer online, and in our store, high quality woodworking and power tools from: RotoZip Spiral Saw, Freud Router Bits, Saw Blades, and Dado Blades, Eze-Lap Diamond Sharpeners, Chain Saw Products, Grandberg Chainsaw Mills, Love-Less Ash Vacuums, Prazi Beam Cutters, cainsaws, Gyros Miniature Saws, Beaver Air Tools, Taunton Press books, and accessories for DeWalt, Delta, and Porter Cable power tools.
Copyright © 1998-2009 right-tool.com